Monday, October 25, 2010

I don't know what to do...

Ahhhh, I don't even know why I'm stressing out, but I am. I was looking at potential universities I could go to and found that basically 90% of them required a class that I have not taken(Calculus and Vectors). The good thing is that I can still take this class during the second semester but that would mean two things:

1) I substitue my free period for this class which leaves me with a huge workload (Biology,Chemistry,Advanced Functions Math, and Calculus and vectors)

2)I drop either chemistry or biology and just replace it with the calculus class.
-The program I want to go in doesn't require me to take any of these science classes, the reason why Im taking them is too make my parents happy and a part of it has to deal with personal fears (Not achieving as much as my friends,a change in career choice etc.) <-- Stupid reasons but it is something I fear.

I have my eyes set on International Business as my program of choice, my parents know this and only agreed to it because I took the two science classes(biology and chemistry) needed for most general health care programs at universities as a form of backup incase I change my mind.

Now, I'm thinking about just dropping BOTH of these sciences and taking calculus and a international trade class. The thing is, I am 100% sure that my parents will not agree to this decision but in my opinion I believe it's the most logical. The two science classes will do nothing but lower my grade average and create more stress. The way I see it is that I'd rather take classes that are RELEVANT to my program of choice than wasting my time in science classes that I wont need for university.

BLAH! I still have some time to think, but I hope to the person up above that everything works out and that I won't regret anything...=s

As for Universities I've kind of formed some doubt on going to Ryerson next year...I've research a fair amount of universities and have narrowed down to about 3:

U of Toronto- Well Known, good business program
Carleton- Has the specific program I want (Bachelor of Internation Business),
Laurier- Pretty solid Business program from what I hear... party university though <--Not my thing.

...And of course, I haven't told my parents any of these plans so basically everything I've said so far means nothing until the next few months where I have to confront them.. =s

1 comment:

  1. How could you not have taken Calculus and Vectors?! It's like.. mandatory for every other University program lol, regardless of field. I even took it! And where am I at now? Art school lmao.

    I think you need to weigh out the pros and cons about those science courses. I was forced to take chemistry in Grade 11 and I listened to my parents. For grade 12 though, I was like, okay you know what, I am NOT taking Chemistry anymore no matter what you say. And I didn't haha. But Physics was definitely a killer >_<

    I've heard of Laurier's business program too.. U of T is quite competitive once you get in (Commerce right?). Not sure about Carlton. I know you want to study International business but what about Schulic? Ivey?

    ReplyDelete