
AHAHA, so I wasn't planning on posting anything new tonight but this just needs to be posted. Anyways, I took these quotes from soompi and it basically highlights the different types of "people" who go on forums and such:
Group 1:
The You-Don't-Know-Me Soompier
Known as being overly sensitive and very defensive. Be careful with what you say because everything will probably end up being perceived as personal attacks and may result in some of the responses below. If you plan to engage with a You-Don't-Know-Me Soompier, prepare for a long meaningless argument. If you find yourself engaging with one and would like to back out, just say, 'Oh no! You're a You-Don't-Know-Me Soompier. Must disengage!' and refrain from any further contact in the future.
"Don't make assumptions about me, how dare you?"
"You don't know me. Have you ever met me? So don't act like you know who I am and what I'm all about."
Group 2:
The Out-Of-The-Box Soompier
Tends to state the exact opposite of what everyone else is saying or agreeing on in the thread. Likes to portray themselves as being wise with deep insight about everything. It doesn't matter what topic, this Out-Of-The-Box soompier will always pick the side that is contradicting everyone else. Often thinks that everyone else is wrong and simple-minded and only he or she is smart enough to 'see-through' to the truth. Be warned that when engaging with an Out-Of-The-Box soompier, he or she will try to make you feel unintelligent. Proceed with caution.
"People nowadays are so... [insert negative comment]."
"I cannot believe how everyone is so ignorant in here. Have you ever thought that...?"
Group 4: Kung-fu Master
Does not like to fight. Generally tries to be peaceful and withhold peace. Most forum members know of his power because the occasional noob comes in and picks a fight with him and gets owned. If an aggressive belligerent noob comes in and picks a fight, the kung-fu master will be peaceful and diplomatic for as long as possible, until the noob leaves him no way out except to kick his ass, in which case the kung-fu master will not hesitate to. Even after the ass-kicking, the kung-fu master will promptly return to his smiling, friendly self, and possibly even apologize for utterly destroying the ignorant noob.
Also, picking fights with kung-fu masters will showcase your own idiocity to the rest of the forum members.
ex. Just don't pick fights with kung-fu masters. They're nice people but they will still give you a whooping if you leave them no choice.
Group 5: The Ancients
Most forum goers know who they are because they've been around for eons. Opinions are generally respected. Most have become kung-fu masters. Some are Tom Cruise, but they are still respected anyway because of their age. In internet fights, if an Ancient gets involved, most people will side with them.
ex. Treat them with respect.
GROUP 5: TROLLS(LMAO)
sometimes they're funny. Sometimes they're just plain pinkberry.
I can name some from this forum, but I won't bother.
dealing with them is very simple, you simply have to ignore these noobs.
there are in fact different types of trolls.
Type 1 - the noob
these are the type that makes a thread, then they never reply. Its like they're gone.
You cannot even contact them. they are noobs, because they allow people to flame them.
and as the name suggests, they are relatively bad at trolling, its so obvious that they are trolling, so ppl resort to flaming them for entertainment.
Type 2 - the idiot
these are a relatively new type of troll. They make an idiotic thread. for example:
troll: I want to buy my brother a car because its his bday and hes been so nice to me he bought me an apartment so I want to buy him a car.
I have $100 000 and I want to make sure he is satisfied. what car should I get him?
hes 18 yrs old and im 15 if thats relevant.
Type 3 - the pinkberry
as the name suggests, these trolls are the pinkberry. They are highly experienced at trolling, you do not want to mess around with them, because they will screw you.
These trolls are so dedicated to their religion of Troll-ism to the point that they dont even care if they get banned, as long as they have disturbed the peace.
I repeat, the pinkberry will make your life miserable, some of the more common things they do are:
-Photoshop a picture of you, if they can find one
-Start blabbing about pro mathematical equations
-starting a racist comment
-Ganking you by making multiple accounts
these are some of the things that they do, and you simply cannot defeat them. Because as the name suggests, they are a pinkberry.
Whatever comment you throw at them, they will give you something 100x more harsh.
type 4 - the troll warlord
finally, the king of the trolls. usually there are around 1-5 troll warlords in a large forum like this.
They are so pro, to the point where they will annoy the hell out of you.
Heck, u can't even recognise whether they are a troll or not.
Sometimes they are serious, sometimes they just screw your thread, sometimes they leave a serious racist/very harsh comment, and a soompier confronts them, and they never reply.
they certainly know their job, that is to inflict pain.
whats worst, is that the mods cant ban them. Because sometimes they are serious, while sometimes they are not.
You cannot fight them. simple as that. once a troll warlord has decided "hmm THIS SHALL BE MI NEW HOMEZ" then he cannot be stopped.
Group 7: The Invisibles
Not much is known about this group except for the fact that others never seem to take notice in them; there's never anything interesting/different about their posts so it's always overlooked. Invisibles tend to just agree with others so their average joe comments are overshadowed by other groups. Usually the Invisibles are the Lurkers breaking out of their 'habit' of lurking hence why their posts aren't as interesting.
LMAO MY FAVOURITE:
Group 8: The I'll-Only-Read-The-First-Sentence: The Soompiers that only take the time to focus on the first sentence or the title of a thread. When replying, they ask questions that were already answered, make suggestions the poster already mentioned/did, maybe even give an answer to something completely different from what was asked, etc. People must often inform them that everything they need to know was in the first post.
-There's more but I don't want to flood my blog with these quotes, so enjoy! And oh, tell me if any of these resemble you :P
haha, what an interesting post. hmm, I can't say I perfectly fit into any of these categories, but I guess I'm mostly the "invisibles" XD I mean, my comments aren't always eye-catching, haha.
ReplyDeleteoh gosh, I hate group 8 -____- lol.