I arrived at the festival at around 3 ish and was surprised to see how little people attended this year. But, apparently the first day was only a half day and the actual races would not happen until the following day, so I guess that explains why there weren't many people there. Another thing was that when I arrived I basically hung out around the food booth where I helped sell stuff. The actual food court area was pretty far from the actual stage where the main events where happening(stupid Idea, our basic view was people deliciously eating their food while we suffered SELLING it T_T). It wasn't until I actually moved up to watch the chinese ladies dance their "traditional" sword dance that I saw a pretty big crowd of people. And no, it wasn't because of the sword ladies, it was basically because the beer gardens were right next too the main stage where the chinese ladies happened to be performing.It was entertaining,nonetheless to see so many drunks 0.0.
Anyways here's some pics of the chinese women doing the sword dance:
-In my opinion they should've took off the sunglasses they had since it kind of took away from the traditional aspect of the dance. Some intense and bright eyemakeup could've made them pop out more and possibly make the dance a bit more interesting
OH and when I was taking these pics, the spot I took these pictures from were basically the only free spots since If i were to take pics facing the main stage I'd be blocking the view of the crowd behind me. I'd rather not get attacked by people under the influence for obstructing their view XD so bear with the pictures :)
Also this one lady beside me I guess was from the local newspaper and she had the epic full camera gear on. I looked like a total noob standing beside her with my plain digital camera in comparison to her 7D and that sexy 100-400mm lens. It was fun watching her bust out the photographer moves, I guess I should brush up on those when I do get my dslr.
After they finished their dance I pretty much just hid under the food booth since I had nothing better to do. It started to rain like a beast and everyone who was at my food booth had to basically hold up our stand since the weather was blowing some pretty strong wind. I actually found it funny since I knew in my head that the stand itself was anchored really well into the ground, but we still all stood up and held on to it like it meant life or death XD. I guess we only did it so it seemed like we were doing something really important.
But dam.. I was wearing nothing but a thin tshirt, shorts, and sandals during the whole rainstorm, and I was freezingg. It was fun though since it pretty much made up for the boringness of the day XD
^This was taken before the actual rainstorm, notice the dark clouds coming in? :D
Oh and I have to post this picture up since it's so fricking delicious that I could eat my moniter just by looking at it. The only bad thing about it is that it's SUPER SUPER greasy, so I just took them and squeezed them with a papertowel to soak up the excess grease:
SECOND DAY! I arrived at around noon and unlike the first day it was definately evident that more people showed up. It was nice seeing loads of people coming to our booth and trying new things. I was talking to one of the "main" people at our booth and she kept telling me that If she had been out there instead of working at our booth she would be trying all the different foods from different countries instead of buying pizza, hotdogs or fries. At the end of the day, I've gotta agree with her =s. The hotdogs and hamburgers were overpriced anyways, so why not just save some of your money and try some new foods! But then again, it's not my money so people can do whatever the hell they want with it lmao :(.
The festival was basically about a race and by the end of the last day i had NO CLUE about what had happened during the race or who had won first place. The only thing I noticed was that every team had a different way of differentiating themselves. Heres a picture of one team who definately looked like they were planning this event since the beginning of the year with their professional jersey and team flag:
All in all, the festival was a success. The weather was complient most of the time and alot of people enjoyed the food we sold. I definately would volunteer again :)
COOL PIX BRO! *LEAVES*
ReplyDeletejk. lol the last pic the flag symbol kinda looks like a swastika
what kind of food is that? lol, can't define it o_o. Looks pretty good, though, hahahaa.
ReplyDelete